dream come true



Dream come true. 


Those were the words I first thought when I saw these photos. Nate snapped the first after I had just finished nursing, and Lucy and I were helping Zinni read her first books. We were cheering her on as she sounded out words on her own, and we were so proud of her. 


I snapped the second photo around the corner of the door so they wouldn’t see me. I’d laid Johnnie down on the end of the bed when I got up and left the room, but when I peeked back in Zinni had gotten him and hoisted him onto her lap while she and Lucy kept working on the books. 


It is all a dream come true. I remember staring out the window of my little basement suite in Canada, when I was still just writing letters to this man I was growing to love, and daydreaming about maybe meeting his kids at a park to play, maybe gaining their trust over time, if I could. 


And now they’re snuggled up beside me, learning to read, snuggling their baby brother that unites them to me. 


We are so lucky. We are so grateful. It is a dream come true.



Comments

most read posts