making magic




It was a long week. It was Spring Break, so trying to come up with some fun ways to spend the days and also find the time to replenish the fridge and the pantry over and over again. Then coming down with strep throat and recovering just in time for Easter. 


But last night, even though I was exhausted, I was filled with excitement putting together the kids’ Easter baskets, imagining their excitement in the morning. I loved pulling out the things I’d tucked hidden away for months waiting for this coming morning. I loved filling Easter eggs with candy and getting them ready to hide all over the backyard. 


And I said to Nate as I got ready to get in bed - later than usual, but more chipper than usual - I am going to miss this. Someday not oh-so many years from now, when they’re grown out of Easter baskets and egg hunts, I’ll miss making the magic for them. 


I love making magic. 



Comments

most read posts