my fourth last post
Once again, it is December 5th, and I find myself
looking back on a whole year of my life, knowing that tomorrow begins a whole
new one. This is my last post as an eighteen-year-old.
My eighteenth year has held so many more blessings than I
could ever have deserved. Every year when I write this “last post,” I wonder
how any year could top the one I just finished; this year is no different.
But soon, it was time to dive in to the next adventure of a
lifetime. Rachel B. and I flew out on August 25th, had a rapid
layover in Japan, and began our three months together in Beijing, China and
Dandelion Middle School. From the very beginning, we knew this was a time of
life we would treasure forever, and we crammed as many experiences as we could
into our 90 days. From spending two days looking for a post office, to train
trips through Hunan Province, to late night motorcycle rides in Sanmenxia, to
finding leftover croissants in coffee shops, to teaching students who
absolutely stole our hearts, we had it all.
Now, Rachel has gone home, and I am continuing here in this
school that I love so much. Every day, my heart is filled when I hear my
students calling my name. Each new minute brings new opportunities to teach and
to learn. I am where I am meant to be, and I am full of purpose and life.
When I was writing my last post as a seventeen-year-old, I
had no idea what my next year would hold. Looking back, I am overwhelmed.
Literally overwhelmed; there is no way for me to write down the beauty of the
past 365 days.
Oh God, you have grown
me so much in this past year. I know you better now than I did one year ago.
And that is all I ask for this next year. Yes, I would love if your plan
included daring adventures and once-in-a-lifetime experiences, but my only
request is that I know You more. I know that this next year may have hardships
I could never foresee, but I simply ask to know You more. I love you, Father,
Son, and Spirit, and I trust You. Thank you for Your faithfulness and
everlasting love.
Nineteen, here we come.



Comments
Post a Comment
thoughts so far