overflowing life




I know to savor the moment.

I think I’ve known to since I was sixteen years old. 


I’ve known time flies, don’t blink, don’t take it for granted, kids grow up so fast. 


I know these are the good old days. 


So I’ve lived in the moment, I’ve kept my eyes open, I’ve had no regrets. 


And you know what? It still flies. 


No matter how much I try to capture the moment in my mind’s eye,


No matter how often I stop and take it all in,


No matter how dearly I want to slow it all down, 


Still time flies. 


Still the kids grow.  Whether they’re eight years or eight weeks, they’re too big already. 


Too big, too fast, too much;


It feels like sand slipping through my fingers.


And yet, this is life. This is its pace. This is its reality. 


I will never remember it all. Never press pause. Never make the clock stop ticking. 


So let me embrace what I can, and embrace what I cannot. Let me hold on to what my arms can hold, and let go of what they cannot. 


Let it not be a curse of too little time.


Rather let it be the gift of a life overflowing with moments to love. 

Comments

most read posts