nine months in, nine months out








Nine months, baby boy 



To think that you’ve been with me here just as long as you were with me inside. 


I remember that I didn’t want pregnancy to be over; I felt like you and I were always together, so close we were inseparable. I loved your movements and hiccups and rubbing my hand over you, imagining who you might be. I wondered how it could get any better than this. 


And oh, how it did. Now I know those nine magical months of waiting for you to come were just an inkling of the magic of YOU. 

The magic of catching your eye across the room and watching your face light up.

The magic of holding you and feeling you lean into my shoulder. 

The magic of hearing your laughter as you chase us down the hallway. 

The magic of soothing you to sleep. 


I wouldn’t trade these nine months for anything. 



Comments

most read posts